Sunday, September 14, 2014

My Vent about our new Dunham Sports here in Goldsboro

**Happened the other day and I'm still fuming because the manager at the store was a total jerk**

Ok....I normally do not complain about a business HOWEVER I was at our new Dunham Sports #9217 here in Goldsboro this morning (there was only 1 other person there besides myself shopping)....the other shopper and I happened to be checking out at the same time (she was in front of me & in uniform-Air Force).....1st off she had this Coleman picnic tent (very heavy) and was trying to pick it up (the MALE cashier just stood there & did not even offer to help her) I ended up putting my items down and helped her with it....Anyway the tent was CLEARANCE marked for $1.49 from $399.99 (that's right mis-marked!!) so the male cashier calls his manager to the front and he ADMITS that it was his fault for mis-marking the clearance tent and that he did not double check the prices and that it was suppose to be $169.99 but he was NOT going to give it to the lady for that price that was marked on the ticket (in a VERY RUDE way)....the male cashier ended up making the mistake of saying that there were golf clubs marked yesterday for $1.59 from $599 and they had to give it to the customer so when the lady said that to the manager he proceeded to say that he did not have to do anything and that he did not need her business since there was over 30k people in the City of Goldsboro that shop HIS store and I said "Wow...then why are we the only 2 people in the store? You should at least give her a discount off the $169.99 since you admitted it was YOUR fault" the MANAGER then turns to me and says "JUST like I told this lady I do not NEED YOUR business as well and I DO NOT have to do anything" I said "That's fine, I do not mind the drive to Greenville to shop at Dick's Sporting Goods anyway" and put the items down that I had in my hand and waited for the lady (so she had a witness to the conversation) to get the manager's information so she could report him to Dunham's corporate office and she TOOK pictures of the item as well with the clearance price so she could put out a BLAST here on Facebook and whatever social media accounts she has.....when I lived in MI we ALWAYS shopped at Dunham Sports and this was my 1st time in the NEW one here in GOLDSBORO and I guess it will be the last time because the manager did state he did not need my business....let me add to this....I did mention Social Media and how it could put a negative on a business and the manager said that it not matter what I thought because he did not believe in the effects of Social Media so I said "We will see" as I was exciting the store

No comments:

Post a Comment